- I've ridden my bike to pick the kids up from school pretty much every single day since I got it back from the shop. I love it so much. Usually once I get to school I hang out and wait for them by sitting in the bike trailer. It's totally comfortable, always dry (rare in Washington) and all my own (except when Henry doesn't have school and shares it with me). I get a few strange looks every time though...
- You know how annoying it is when your husband shaves and doesn't rinse out the sink? Now imagine that your husband is a cyclist and shaves his legs and doesn't rinse out the tub. (In Vaughn's defense it's only happened once and it wasn't today. He just has a big race this weekend so I know it's coming tonight, but he'll probably remember to rinse it out tonight.)
- Dear kids - Star Wars isn't real. Nothing will happen to you. You don't have to watch it with weapons in hand every time!
- A teenager on a BMX challenged Vaughn to a bike race this afternoon. Vaughn rode his "heavy" cyclocross bike with regular shoes (instead of cycling shoes that clip in) and Vaughn had it won before the distance was even half covered. Vaughn's super fast. Funniest part was how surprised BMX boy was.
- I have a tendency to sit in strange ways, Henry apparently inherited that from me. I love that kid!
- Remember how my sister won my giveaway? She got the most adorable dress and I'm super glad that I can borrow it from her! (No, it wasn't rigged, trust me.)
- I'm seriously in love with biking these days! Having good equipment makes such a difference. I've been riding it everywhere I can lately. It's been so much fun for me! I even got to take it out on my first "fitness" ride this morning with biking buddy April. I'm glad we got one more in before school gets out!
- Speaking of school (yes, my kids are still in school), but I only have to wake up for three more school days before they're out for the summer! Wahoo! They won't sleep any later than they do now, but I won't have to hop out of bed to feed them breakfast. They may think they'll starve, but they won't, for real.
- The local farm started selling their strawberries this week. I haven't had time to get any yet, but I will this weekend. They are the best part of summer. I look forward to it all year. So delicious.
- Vaughn's got a bike race in Olympia this weekend! If you're in the Olympia area you should check him out (click here for the schedule - he's a cat 3). He's racing Friday and Saturday and I'll be at one or both of the races too (just watching though).