- A few weekends ago we had a surprise birthday party for biking buddy April at LeMay - America's Car Museum (the museum wasn't open yet and we only had access to one gallery, we will be taking our kids there when it opens because there was some really neat stuff!) . There were some hecka cool cars there, though neither Vaughn or I know much about cars so honestly it was a bit wasted on us. We got our friend Pam to take a few pictures of us, but Vaughn and I are the most awkward people ever and negated her skill by looking like idiots. These two pictures pretty much are a window into our lives...
(I know, you're all jealous of our awkwardness.)
- I played my first game ever of volleyball on Tuesday night. I'm super bad at it. And my forearms are now totally bruised. Unfortunately, it doesn't really show in the picture, but trust me, they are. I'm sad I waited until the last night of the season to give it a whirl because it was a blast.
- Last night the chain on Tyler's bike came off. Right in front of a couple of salesmen trying to sell cleaning supplies. Bless their hearts, they tried their darndest to get the chain back on. But once I figured out what was going on I relieved them of their duties (before they tried their magic cleaning solution on it, because that solves everything didn't you know?) I'm pretty sure Vaughn will be able to do my entire bike rebuild in less time than it takes to get the chain back on a kids bike. Also, time for a few stranger danger lessons.
- There is that awkward time between when you run out of easy to make/eat food but payday isn't for a few more days so you find yourself feeding your kids chocolate cake for a snack because you have ingredients for chocolate cake but no crackers left. Yeah, I totally did that. Also, time to do a "cash month" because I'm getting worse and worse at budgeting my allotment. (Stupid Target and all their awesome stuff that makes me impulse buy.)
- Terra and I put off our late night tempo run last night in favor of this morning. Last night it wasn't raining, this morning it is. Serves us right. When Vaughn reads this I guarantee he's feeling smug.
- Terra and I were asked, for about the third time in a month, if we were students at the high school while running on their track.
- This is totally just a slinky on a treadmill, but it's totally fascinating. Every time I think disaster is about to strike, the slinky pulls through. I hope I can be so tireless in my marathon! I seriously watched the entire thing, something may be wrong with me.
- I found a YouTube channel that has all the full episodes of Magic School Bus on it. We've had a blast with that. Best show ever. Raise your hand if you want Mrs. Frizzle to be your teacher! (My hand is totally raised and waiving like the annoying know it all kid in class.)
- Henry got into preschool for next year. Wahoo! Now I just have to save up all summer to pay his tuition (there is a 10% discount for paying the entire year in advance, totally worth it). AND when I took the kids to the pediatrician last week for their yearly visits I remembered to ask for printed copies of their immunization records so I have it on hand when I register the kids for school. I feel totally on the ball (as long as that's the only thing I ever have to do).
- Vaughn bought an ipod touch off craigslist with a cracked screen. They originally wanted a carton of cigarettes for it. Vaughn said he'd pay cash. They asked for $50, Vaughn said no. A little while later they asked for $35 if he could do it this afternoon. The ATM only spits out $20's so Vaughn asked if they had change. They said no. Vaughn was on his bike and it was raining so he said throw in a sandwich and a ziplock bag to put the ipod in and we'll call it even. So they did.