- I kind of want the device pictured above. Fits beneath clothing? Seriously? Who are these people that buy that thing? Because I have a bunch of stuff to sell them...
- I had a weird dream the other night that we moved into the townhouse in Provo that we owned when we were newlyweds. It was weird. But, if for some reason that does happen, I now know where I would put all my current furniture in that house. Actually, since it was a little bigger than our current house it would all fit in there better. Although we'd have to get rid of everything in our garage.
- One of the assigned reading books Tyler brought home from school last week includes a dog who gets soapy and runs away and then someone thinks the dog has rabies. I cannot make it through that book without busting my gut laughing. I'm sure it's teaching the kids a good lesson about rabies, but it's hilarious. I've heard about dogs and rabies my entire life, but I haven't ever seen a dog with rabies, ever. Anyway, the story makes me laugh and Tyler is totally confused about why.
- I really am grateful that we have everything we need. But that makes it really hard to buy birthday presents for my soon to be 6 year old. There isn't a thing he needs, and buying more of stuff we already have seems like overkill. I never thought I'd be "that parent", but I totally am. My kids do not need more stuff. (Unless you're interested in donating to their college fund, that they need.)
- Lately when Henry is watching a show and it gets a little intense for him he'll draw his light-saber and point it at the screen. Hilarious.
- My knee hardly hurts at all today. I'm glad I chose not to run yesterday. Hopefully I'll be feeling good tomorrow for my long run!
- My kids have been watching the old Transformers cartoons, the ones from the 80's, on Netflix. They are loving them. (PS - even though it was mostly my brothers who watched the show when we were kids and it was ages ago I still totally have the theme song memorized)
- You may remember I recently got some new running gear. One of the pairs I got was the Brooks Adrenaline GTX. I am absolutely loving them! I got them to replace my old trail running shoes, which I don't actually run in, but use as hiking shoes. But my new ones have Gore-Tex, which means they're waterproof. I've used them in the rain a few times now (and on the hike we went on last week) and not only are they super comfortable, but they keep my feet totally dry too. I'm a little surprised at how much I love them. I knew I'd like them, but they're quickly becoming my go to shoe.