- Does my green smoothie still count as being healthy when I put in a (generous) spoonful of nutella? Since nutella is made out of hazelnuts, I say yes. (Let's agree to ignore the rest of the ingredients.) I'm totally adding peanut butter to my smoothie tomorrow.
- My ankle and knee have been hurting for almost a week now. I didn't do my tempo run yesterday. Although I have yet to actually be injured (knock on wood!) I feel like I've spent more time avoiding injury in this training cycle than actually training. I think the pain is actually stemming from my IT band, which usually means something in my hips is uneven. I've got a chiropractic appointment tomorrow to hopefully straighten me out. (Pun totally intended, because I'm just that lame.)
- I hate toys that actually make noise, so we don't own any. But occasionally I take my kids to Target to push buttons on all the annoying toys they want. Tyler told me in the toy isle (which was crowded) "Mom, thanks for taking us to play with toys today. We don't have any at home and it makes me sad." Yeah, I totally looked like Mom of the year (which I totally am).
- True story (you can't make this stuff up): As I was walking home from taking the kids to school I was wondering in my mind if the Old Navy Staff shirt I was wearing (you know, the old school navy blue ones they used about 10 years ago) was old enough to be cool and vintage yet or if I just looked like a slacker, a guy who was gong to work asked me "Are you supposed to be running? Are you okay? Do you need a ride home?" I guess that answers my question. Slacker. (In his defense I was also wearing my awesome Nike reflective hat, old running shoes, and sweatpants. I know, all the boy I dated in high school totally lucked out when they dumped me.) You'd think that would discourage me from wearing that outfit for the rest of the day, but it didn't.
- Terra and I were yet again asked if we went to high school on our way to our speed workout. This time it was by a kid who was a middle school kid. Honestly, we're probably closer to his mothers age than to his.
- Only five and a half weeks until the Newport Marathon! I'm totally excited. Not so much for the race, but for this wishy washy training cycle to be over so I can start fresh again!
- I ordered a bunch of new running gear yesterday and I'm totally excited for it to get here. Including new Brooks ST-5 racing flats because I've over worn mine by almost 200 miles. I just love them so much.
- Terra brought pretzel chips to my house on Monday. I ate her entire bag. I had to buy myself some today. I should probably replace hers as a thank you for introducing them to me. Or at least to replace the bag of hers I ate.
- On Sunday I accompanied a violinist (who was beyond incredible, by the way, and I messed up pretty badly) in church and he was speaking right after the musical number so I reminded him that if you don't thank the musical number you look like a schmuck, so make sure you are over the top with your compliments. Well, he kind of flubbed up (when saying his own name) when he did it in the talk. Afterwards Vaughn said to me, "That's so great that he delivered your joke just the same way you would, by messing it up." (Totally true, I'm really not funny.)